Monday, November 3, 2008

Artist of the Week- AOTW

I love music. In an obsessive, spend all my money on it, hear a song anywhere and have to find it kind of way. I am the person that can listen to one song 100 times in a row and not get sick of it. I just am that obsessive. I am a very ADHD music listener and generally skip a song mid stream if it is mediocre. My absolute favorite feeling is when I find an album that I can listen to every song on it without skipping anything. That's a great moment. All this blabbering is the lead-in into this post.

I'm going to choose an artist of the week. Someone I love and could listen to their entire album without skipping a song. Their music will be featured on my play list and in my heart (sigh).

AOTW- Joshua Radin

If you know me at all you know that this guy snuck his way into my music liking and then took up residence. I love his deep scratchy voice and acoustical sound. He calms me down. I love his lyrics and feel many of his songs explain the craziness of my life.

I first fell in love with his song Winter when I heard it randomly one day. It stuck. Both his albums (We Were Here and Simple Times) are non-song-skipper albums. I love it. If you don't know his stuff, check it out. If nothing else listen to "I'd Rather Be With You." You won't regret it.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

I hope you keep this AOTW thing up! you can keep me in the loop on all the good tunes out there. Otherwise, i know nothing and even if i felt like listening to music someday...I wouldn't know where to start.
btw- you never commented on how hilarious my nickname comment was.(i just wanted to bring up how funny i was) :)

Lindsi said...

Hannah, not only did I think your nickname comment was hilarious but also the perfect man comment. Kim and I talked about how well you pegged me. Keep the good comments coming. I'm glad you like AOTW! I'm excited!