Sunday, November 2, 2008

Things I hate....

It's officially becoming Thanksgiving time, a time to show our gratitude, to express appreciation, and really reflect on all the blessings we have. I hate to be Debby Downer but I don't really want to do that today. I'm not in a pissy mood and I haven't had a horrible day. It's actually been a great day and I'm feeling good about life, I just don't feel like spreading sunshine to everyone I see.
I love when people post about "things they hate," or "why they suck at life". I think it is empowering when someone outs all their inadequacies or quirks and then moves on. It's entertaining and makes me feel better about myself to read that other people have issues too.
So it's my turn. I just can't get enough of hating the following things....

1. My hair. I feel like a shaggy dog. It's too long, but not long enough. I have this horrible cowlick at my hair line. The hair there doesn't lay flat and it creates this 80's Flock of Seagulls look with my side swooper bangs that is super sexy. My roots are also grown out to my ears. It's gross.

2. I hate my dryer. It shrunk all my pants. Literally. 6 pairs of jeans and 6 pairs of dress pants. It's awful. It had to be the dryer because there is no way I'm gaining weight. The muffin top I've been sporting lately is all due to the dryer. I'm thinking about calling the appliance company. It's getting out of hand.

3. I hate making my bed. Fancy pillows, special bed spread. What was I think. It's so pretty when it's done but I hate feeling like I have to do it everyday.

4. I also am hating all the political talk right now. I'm ready for the election to be over. I know this election is very important and there is a lot to say about. However, every issue and side has been stated, hashed out, restated, mocked, stated differently, and so on. I'm just kind of done hearing about it.

5. I hate that food spoils so quickly when only one person is eating it. I'm trying to be healthy and not eat out. That's really difficult when a half gallon of milk goes bad before I can drink it. I have to put my loaf of expensive 10,000% whole wheat bread in the fridge so it doesn't mold. There's nothing I hate more than fridge bread. My raspberries get spots on them before I can eat the whole container. My apples go soggy. Yuck. If it isn't crisp I won't touch it. I swear I'm not even buying excessive amounts of these items but I just can't make it happen. I'm so annoyed.

6. I hate that my favorite shows (Prison Break specifically) were rescheduled or cancelled during the week because of The World Series. I understood when it was for Presidential campaigns but baseball. I'm just not okay with that. I know it's over so I should move on but I'm still bugged about it.

7. I hate that I still have one room in my new condo that is full of boxes. I have now purchased, assembled, and installed all the bookshelves, drawers, cupboards, and organizers needed to empty the boxes. Yet still they sit.

8. Parent Teacher Conferences.

9. I hate that I compulsively buy an item fully knowing I don't need it, want it, have money for it, or won't use it. I come home feeling like a fool and before it even comes out of the bag it goes by the door to return to the store. Such a waist of time and energy.

10. I hate that it looks like I live out of my car. I kind of do but I hate it still.

11. The whole Hannah Montana obsession. I really hate hearing how awesome/irresponsible/good role model/bad role model/smart/dumb she is all the time. Who cares? It's interesting that I hate this due to my love for High School Musical, Jonas Brothers, and all things cheesy. Plain and simple, Miley just doesn't rock my socks.

12. Scary movies. I hate them. They give me nightmares and make me nervous. I not only have low tolerance for scary movies I have pretty much no tolerance. Give me sunshine, butterflies, and rainbows. No blood, guts, and slasher tales. I've been under pressure lately to watch them and I'm so glad that Halloween is past and people will get over the scary movie desire.

That's it for now. That was fun. I feel free and lighter now. I'm for sure going to do this again.

Why don't you try it too? I challenge you!

Don't think of it as being pessimistic. Think of it as being realistic, getting your feelings out so that you don't snap later on. It's a good idea.

Let me know if you try it!

4 comments:

Lacey Freeman said...

i might just have to try this one..i agree with you about the whole election thing...it's getting OLD! I really enjoy reading your posts...they make me laugh almost all the time!

sam and brittney said...

LINDS! I miss you! I aspire to have posts as funny as yours!

Byrds said...

ha ha loved it! I totally agree with number 8!! Way to be an overacheiver blogger, I always knew there was an overacheiver in you somewhere!

Katie Sue said...

I'll give it a whirl. Watch my blog for details.