Wednesday, November 19, 2008

101 Dalmatians

Pongo, Perdita, and the babes. Who didn't love them? One can't help but adore 101 precious little Dalmatian puppies. Let's be honest, we all cheered when the puppies worked together and ambushed evil Cruella De Vil. Classical. Disney did a lot of things right when they made this movie however the most brilliant part was choosing an odd number of puppies. 101. That just stands out. Imagine this: "The 100 Dalmatians." It just doesn't have the same flavor.



The point? This is my 101st post. Everyone celebrates their 100th post and how amazingly awesome their blog is. Well, I like to be a little different. I want how amazingly awesome my blog is to stick in your head just like the title 101 dalmatians. So... HOORAY FOR ME!


I realize how ridiculous this analogy is. I'm using is anyway!


I'm not one to post lots of emotional feel good type stuff here. Every now and again, my deep, sensitive, caring side comes out. I have that side of me, I really do. Today is that day.


It's Thanksgiving time. I'm thankful for a lot and have countless blessing in my life. So on my 101st post I will put 101 blessings I have in my life. I don't necessarily expect you to actually read them all. I just know it's important to reflect. I decided not to be vague with these things so I'm putting specific names and everything. If you aren't listed as a person I'm thankful for that seriously blows. Haha, just kidding.


In no particular order.
  1. Mama Sullivan
  2. Slim
  3. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
  4. The whole other Sullivan crew (Ry, Jac, the baby boys)
  5. Katie Sue
  6. Donna Joe
  7. G-ma Dart
  8. The Ranjo Fam
  9. All my extended family (Aunties, Uncles, cousins, baby cousins, etc.)
  10. The Super Buds (You know who you are.)
  11. The High School Girls
  12. Kimba (You fit in the Super Bud category too!)
  13. Hannah
  14. prayer
  15. my condo
  16. my car
  17. The United States of America
  18. the color orange
  19. Diet Mountain Dew
  20. warm clothes
  21. blankets
  22. heaters (I'm cold right now, can you tell.)
  23. Sunday Family dinners
  24. cell phones
  25. computers and technology
  26. my education
  27. sacrament meeting
  28. books and good literature
  29. Chuck (start watching if you don't)
  30. Survivor (still a fan)
  31. The Office
  32. my students
  33. the example my students set for me
  34. Anna
  35. priesthood power
  36. avocados
  37. Chili's chips and salsa
  38. laughter
  39. sarcasm
  40. peacemakers
  41. ability to learn
  42. President Thomas S. Monson
  43. church leaders
  44. my bed
  45. my orange fuzzy blanket
  46. social gatherings
  47. Target
  48. IKEA
  49. Redbox
  50. our country leaders
  51. funny people
  52. You Tube
  53. thoughtful people
  54. CALM
  55. appreciation
  56. my red couch chair
  57. my upbringing
  58. blogs
  59. music
  60. musical artists
  61. sunsets
  62. monkeys
  63. colors
  64. seasons
  65. kleenex
  66. birthdays
  67. q-tips
  68. hair brushes
  69. keys and locks
  70. my peep hole
  71. I-Tunes
  72. free download Tuesday
  73. parent helpers
  74. support
  75. people who reciprocate
  76. hilarious stories
  77. when people are patient with me
  78. weekends
  79. days off of work
  80. holidays
  81. my parents willingness to open their home to friends
  82. the pool
  83. that I only have 20 more to go
  84. High School Musical (1, 2, and 3)
  85. Nice guys
  86. restaurants
  87. tivo
  88. bookmarks
  89. bathrooms
  90. shampoo and soap
  91. washer and dryer
  92. car door remote accessibility
  93. fireworks
  94. babies
  95. working wireless Internet
  96. Advil
  97. doctors
  98. policemen
  99. fireman
  100. ipod
  101. happiness
This may seem superficial but I didn't want to be too sappy. There is so much to be thankful for that this list was super easy to make. If you are still reading this let me know. Type, "gobble, gobble, wobble, wobble" into the comments. You will then be entered into a drawing for a free Thanksgiving prize. (It's a surprise present to you and me! I promise this is a real prize giveaway! Fun!)

21 comments:

Mindy said...

I like prizes and I like your blog.
Gobble, gobble, wobble wobble.

Lauren Rawlings said...

Just so you know, I feel like an idiot typing this but....gobble gobble wobble wobble. I wasn't mentioned in your blog :( Just kiddin.

Hannah said...

gobble, gobble, wobble, wobble

And I have to say, as i was reading all this about 101 Dalmations and then you say, this is my '101st' post, I read it like this "a hundred and one - st" in my head. And then i laughed out loud because i thought it was funny. thanks for the call. I will call you back...someday.

Jackie Sullivan said...

Gobble gobble wobble wobble
Thanks for the list!

Anna said...

This is because we actually found 5 seconds to talk today huh? I told you I would read it tonight. Keep up the good work!

Kim said...

Gobble Gobble Wobble Wobble!

I really like this list. Good job lindser! I must admit I'm sad we talk like once a week these days. Lets change that eh? Good job on the blogging. You are an inspiration to us all.

Emily said...

gobble gobble wobble wobble

When I was younger, I was obsessed with 101 Dalmations and my whole room was decorated with puppies. I had the sheets and the bedspread and the stickers on the wall and the soap dispenser and everything. Did I mention that I was 11 years old at the time? I was.

sam and brittney said...

Gooble, Gobble, wobble, wobble!

I loved the list!
I don't beleive that you are going to be giving out a prize!

Page said...

gobble, gobble, wobble, wobble

I LOVE giveaways!!!!!!!1

Sara and Dustin said...

gobble, gobble, wobble, wobble.

I saw your tempting offering yesterday but didn't believe you'd actually give away anything. Ha! Sorry for doubting you - the clutch looks adorable! Also, my space bar is almost completely dead (thanks to my little one), so typing is a royal pain. So...count me in on the drawing!

Ashlee said...

gobble gobble wobble wobble! Yay for that! Yay for this post too. It's nice to reflect on these things. By the by I really did read the list.

Karrissa Winward said...

gobble, gobble, wobble wobble!!!

Kathy Hamaker said...

Wow, I consider myself one of those "aunties" in #9. Thank you very much. Have a happy "gobble, gobble, wobble, wobble" day. LOL, Aunt Kathy H.

Salem said...

gobble, gobble, wobble, wobble!!!! I love Lindsi and I LOVE free blogger giveaways!!! Go, Linds!!!

AmandaStretch said...

gobble, gobble, wobble, wobble!

Only 10 more days of NaBloPoMo left! This is my second year doing it, and I actually think it's easier this time around.

Love the blog!

Carly A said...

GOBBLE, GOBBLE, WOBBLE, WOBBLE! I loved number 83. You are just so grateful!

Lindsi said...

Toni (my momma) doesn't have gmail and she really wanted to be entered to win so Toni says,
"Gobble Gobble, Wobble Wobble". She also says,
"Lindsi is my favorite child and bring nothing but happiness and cheer into my life." True.

Lacey Freeman said...

I seriously love reading your blog...it cracks me up every time!

GOBBLE GOBBLE WOBBLE WOBBLE!!!

J & A said...

Gobble, gobble, wobble, wobble.
Am I too late?

J & A said...

PS- I think I should win because I just read some of the things that you are grateful for and I'm inspired. Especially because of #70. Who isn't thankful for that?

Sheila said...

Great List. Love your blog design. Your color scheme and artwork are simply great. :)

so, here goes.. gobble, gobble, wobble, wobble.

Hee hee. That was fun.