Monday, September 22, 2008

Happy First Birthday!

Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday Bloggy Bloggerson! Happy Birthday to you!
It's been a year and the blog and I have had some great times. I kind of can't believe it's been a year and this post will be number 78. This started out as kind a trial and I feel it has been successful, to me at least. Let's take a look back at the past year. I remember when...

I got my very first comment from the one and only Kim Crane. That was the moment I realized the high that comes with creating comment worthy posts. My personal favorite posts were Miss Sullivan's Class Says the Darndest Things, one and two, which became a huge success (the kids are creating installment 3 now.) There was that month where Kim went to Europe and I didn't know if I would make it through. It's good she came home. My First Love was the first time I really opened up with my emotions on the blog. It was a good moment. The Sullivan Family Popularity Contest didn't go as planned, but it made for some good friendly competition. The Quest for Sleep came and thankfully went. I had great support from the readers during the quest, you genuinely cared. I set a personal record on guitar hero and felt proud. There was my graceful moment with the Cruise, the scooter crash, and the antibiotics. You endured endless TV posts including Survivor (that really happened, it wasn't a bad dream you had), American Idol, SYTYCD, and The Office. My drinking addiction was referred to frequently and I was never judged (or rarely) for it. We traveled to many states and countries including the Ugandan Adventures. I was consistent and inconsistent with the frequency and timing. I think that kept things interesting. I had a few loyal followers in that past year. I looked through the past comments and decided to see who my most loyal follower were/are. They include the following peeps... Kim, Emily, Carly, Hannah, Laney are the frequent commenters. Their is one person who commented 40 times (I really did count) on my blog and I now know supports me in all my endeavors. That person is... Emily Russon! Congratulations! You win a prize! (You really don't, it just sounded good.)

So overall, it has been a busy year in the blogospheare but a successful one at that. Thanks for all the sharing and caring this year! It's been a good one.

7 comments:

Byrds said...

Whoa man! I just learned more about you than I think I ever wanted to know! Just Jokin. Gotta love them first graders...I am proud to admit my first love developed for the better boys - NSYNC! Boo-yah!

Kim said...

Congrats on 1 year. I'm jealous emily commented the most, but glad I was mentioned several times.

Emily said...

I kept commenting because I am always afraid you're going to quit blogging, and I like your blog. Happy blogthday. That works, right?

TORIRUTH said...

holy crap i love you. can't wait to hang on friday.
and by the way, when i read the one year post i thought, "did that really happen?" yes, it did. you probably sang happy birthday to your blog as you were typing it or maybe perhaps while you were counting all the comments through the past year. bahahaha. hahahaha. still laughing my a off.

Katie Sue said...

Let's remember you're included in my daily internet process! I may not be the best of commentors, but I'm a devout reader.

Page said...

I thought of you a lot when I made my blog orange, actually.

I miss you sometimes.

Jamie said...

If you are interested I have a cousin that created some software that makes it so that you can put your blog into a book, so you can keep it as a scrapbook/journal. Let me know if you want the info, and it's free!

I think you will love your new place in Sandy. I love this area, besides all the money you will save on gas, and the time you will save on time not commuting as far!