Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The Sullivan Family Populairty Poll Was Rigged...

Well folks, the verdict is in and Katie won the Sullivan Family Popularity Poll with 56 votes and 38% of the total votes cast. I came in a close second with 54 votes and 37% of the total votes cast. Now it is time to be realistic. We all know that Katie and I are not the favorite Sullivan children. We both think we should be and we have very solid arguments on why it is only logical for one of us to be the favorite. However, everyone knows who the favorite is, always has been, and always will be.

The results of this poll were rigged. Ryan called, texted, and talked everyone he knows into voting for him. Sad, he could only find 20 people that like him. Katie made a facebook event for people to vote. Desperate, I know. She got all of her roommates and college neighbors to vote and every time she got on a computer at UVSC she voted for herself. Those two sound sad but really I am the saddest of all. I made the poll on my OWN blog. Lame. I was sure it was going to be a landslide vote for me but then it wasn't so I went as low as Katie and also made a facebook event. I even tried to make it look like I didn't care if I won and told people to vote for me or DJ. I knew people would be more willing to vote for me if I was generous enough to put DJ's name out there for a vote. Sneaky, sneaky. I also voted for myself on various computers I would get on at school, home, friends computers, etc. So Ryan, Katie, and myself had to beg for votes and the truth is that the favorite Sullivan child is:
Dennis John "DJ" Sullivan
Honestly, which one of us could compete with this face?
The saddest part about this whole poll fiasco is that DJ knows he is the favorite and is secure enough that he didn't try to get anyone to vote for him. He doesn't care. The rest of us on the other hand were sneaky, manipulative, and we ended up winning but we didn't fool anyone. Dang, I hate it when that happens.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I didn't know you could vote more than once from different computers, otherwise I totally would have rigged this contest even more.
Better luck next time, Linds.