Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Safari Pictures

Uploading pictures on the Internet in Lugazi is an intense process. I want to put some Tanzania and Safari pictures up but it will only be a few. I can post more when I go into a bigger city like Kampala or Ginga. Enjoy!

I was a little freaked out holding the crocodile and then Corbin insisted on getting a close up shot. I don't know how happy I was about it, obviously.

Early one morning we saw a pack of 6 or 7 female lions. They were waiting near the waterhole and we got to watch them for a while. We thought it would be a good idea to get out and play with them but our guide Babba wasn't so sure.

Jackie, Jeff, and I on a hill overlooking the Serengeti. I'm looking super hot in the bandanna, I know. This is my sixth day without a shower, while camping. Gross.

The lake in the Ngoragora Crater. This is just one small shot of the lake but it give you a good idea of how incredible it is.



These are a group of women in the Masai village. They were singing a welcome song to us. After this picture was taken we joined them and they put the necklaces around our necks and taught us how to bounce them with our shoulders. It was crazy cool.

That is all for now! More to come soon.

9 comments:

Kim said...

I feel a little teased only getting a few pictures. BUt I love the pictures you posted. I understand the internet is slow. It looks beautiful. I can't believe you saw all of that stuff in real life!
ps. I love the tie dye shirt.

Hannah said...

I can't BELIEVE what cool stuff you are seeing/doing! I'm totally jealous! It makes me want to sing.."Ahhhhhhh Shevenya a ba beach a ba ba...ohhh...enya yea enya yea" (Trying to write out that song is hard and makes me realize that I may say some words but I have no idea if they are right or not- you know what song it is, right?). By the way, I had my baby. I don't know if you are able to check others blogs. His name is Brigg and he's way cute.

Jackie Sullivan said...

How fun! I'm excited to see more pictures!

taylor and laney said...

you and the crocodile is my favorite picture of you ever. i don't know why I like it so much- but it is classic lindsi with that facial expression.

Carly A said...

So amazing! The lions and the people that still stand by you after not showering for 6 days...

No seriously i am jealous. What an experience!

Byrds said...

Linds-
AMAZING! I am so jealous of your National Geographic experience. The women in the Masai village are really cool, but your face in the alligator picture can't be beat!

Byrds said...

Linds-
AMAZING! I am so jealous of your National Geographic experience. The women in the Masai village are really cool, but your face in the alligator picture can't be beat!

Emily said...

AWESOME PICTURES!!

Megs said...

um, Linds, is that Jeff as in Jeff SPACKMAN?? If so, I served with him in Quebec. Give him a good ole' salut!