Friday, July 4, 2008

Born on the Fourth of July...

Important Note: This post was written on Kim's actual birthday. When I went to post it the power went out and the Internet died. I have the worst luck with the computers here. Sorry it's late Kim! I tried.

Today, the day we celebrate The United States of America's Independence, is also the day we celebrate the birth of the one and only Kimberly Ruth Crane! I personally believe Kim is the luckiest person alive because they have parades, bbq's, concerts, and firework in celebration of her birth! That is pretty dang sweet. The one thing that is tragic about her day of birth is that since we met more than 5 years ago, Kim and I have never been in the same place to celebrate together. This year I am far far away but I don't want her to forget how much I love her. To keep an important tradition alive I will now sing Kim's birthday song. Imagine me, in the ghetto Internet cafe in Lugazi, Uganda; singing, marching in place, and doing the famous Lindsi Crazy Legs. Here it goes:

She's a grand ole' Kim,
She's a high flyin' Kim,
and she's born on the Fourth of July!
She's the Kim I love,
she is from above,
and she's born on the Fourth of July!
These children also wanted to help celebrate Kim's day of birth! It was a pretty intense process getting them to all stand together like this however they were really excited to do it!

Kim is the best friend a person could ask for! She puts up with all my weird quirks, makes me laugh harder than anyone else can, and endures by cynical behavior! I love you Kim! Happy Day of birth!

3 comments:

Kim said...

What a great surprise! Thanks Linds! I have never actually seen you do the dance.. you have sang it to me over the phone and via the internet, but never in person.. sigh.. maybe one day. Thanks for thinking of me! You are the greatest!

Emily said...

I can just imagine the crazy legs!! I miss those. What an awesome picture too!

Page said...

Oh how I LOVE that song! I have seen it in person, and it is something everyone should see. Happy b-day, Kimmers.