Friday, July 18, 2008

10 Things I Miss About America...

I love it here in Africa but with 4 days left until I leave for the states I can't help but reflect on why I am excited to return to America. The reasons I miss America are...
  1. Warm showers! There is nothing worse than a freezing cold shower, gross!
  2. Feeling safe in a car- I have rafted the Nile here, bungee jumped, been 10 feet away from a king lion, and still the times I have felt the most in danger are when I am in a taxi or a boda boda (motorcycle). They are psycho.
  3. Privacy- I would love a moment to myself, with nobody else around. Just 10 minutes would be fine.
  4. High Speed Internet that is reliable. It will be nice to come home and post all the great pictures I have! Yeah!
  5. A washer and dryer- buckets of water and soap are okay but it takes forever and line drying leaves everything stretched out and wrinkled.
  6. A garbage system- We take the garbage can and garbage day system for granted in American. There is garbage everywhere and they just through it in the streets or in piles to burn.
  7. My Mom and Dad (and my other family members)- DJ and Katie are here but I just need a good momma chat and Slim laughing time.
  8. Cell phones that work and are reliable. You never know what will happen with ours, how much air time you'll need, or when the call will get dropped.
  9. Routine- Having a routine to life is really nice and things here are pretty random and you never know what's gonna happen. I love adventure but sometimes it is nice to know what is coming next.
  10. Food- So many foods I can't wait to have at home. First on the list: Chips, salsa, and guacamole. mmmm, I'm drooling.

2 comments:

Lacey Freeman said...

Wow, I just want to say that I really think waht you did is amazing! I will be honest and admit that I would probably be scared out of my mind and not have the guts to do something like this. I can only imagine what an experience this was for you and I am seriously proud of you for going, because like I said I am such a chicken!

joshandemily said...

You're great! I hope you're adjusting okay to being home. It sounds like you've had some great adventures. We'd love to see you some time.