Thursday, June 5, 2008

My Friend President Bush

Last Wednesday I was able to be in the presence President George W. Bush. It was one of those moments where you think to yourself, "This is so random!" My best friend Kim was invited to be on the guest list by one of her good friends. I therefore was able to pull the best friend card and tag along. Thanks Kim! :) It was one of the most entertaining events of my life. The people there had paid anywhere from $500.00 to $10,000 dollars. I was one of the $10,000 dollar paying VIPS. Okay really, I was there for free!!! There was gross fancy food, fancy glasses for drinking, rich people, famous politicians and President Bush spoke for a good 30 minutes. My personal favorite part was getting on the news afterwards! Kim and I were able to get 3 seconds of fame! It felt good. Kim was composed and well spoken in her interview and I was awkward and nervous. The camera scared me. If you read Kim's blog most of the following pictures are repeats but here are some qualities photos of the Commander-in-Chief himself.


This me and President Bush. I know it doesn't look like it but he totally posed with me for this.



This was as close as we got to him but I still felt cool. I could have climbed over chairs like some of the other women did to get to him however, I have an image to uphold. :)

She's a good best friend to have...Best Friend Perks.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Yes President Bush loves us. I really like this post for several reasons..
a. You wrote my name 5 times in this post.
b. You talked about how great it is to be my friend.
c. You mentioned to others that there are perks to being my friend besides the hilariousness and pretty face.

No really I wouldn't have wanted anyone else to meet George with me. It was fun to go. We are cool. Most people want to be us.