Friday, October 26, 2007

I'm grateful for...

I know it isn't thanksgiving yet but I feel like when life gets you down and in Jackie's words "crap is falling on your head", it is really important to remember all the things one has to be thankful for. So on a serious note here are my current top ten things I am grateful for.

10. Diet Mountain Dew: It takes the edge off. (If you didn't know I'm addicted again.)
9. Cell Phones: I dropped mine in the toilet and it is broken. You don't realize how great something is until you don't have it.

8. Prison Break: A very loserish thing to be thankful for but it takes me away and give me a break for a few minutes. Also, who wouldn't be thankful for Wentworth Miller?


7. The first grade teachers at Park Lane Elementary: I love my team!

6. The couch in my bedroom: It is really great to have a couch in your room to sit on. It's really uncomfortable and old but it is always there just waiting for me. :)

Yes I did take a picture of my couch just for this but I felt it imperative you see the hunk of junk that I hold dear to me. I honestly think this couch weighs 300+ pounds. It is REALLY HEAVY.

5. The 18 first graders in my class that ALWAYS make my job worth it: They help me ignore those other 10 that don't always make my job worth it.

4. Being Drug Free: It was Red Ribbon Week at my school and I am thankful that I can say I am drug and alcohol free. I'm thankful to those people who throughout my life reminded me why I should remain drug and alcohol free and how I can do it. Thanks team! (I still think it might be entertaining to see me drunk because it might be interesting to see if I would be more hyper which is maybe impossible or if I would be mean and depressed. However, we will never find that out.)


***This next part is cheesy and all sentimental. You have been warned.***

3. My friends: I needed you this week and you stepped up to the plate. Especially Jackie, Kim, and Brittney, what fantastic people to have in my life. Thanks girls!

2. My family: I am such a brat to them sometimes and they still stick up for me and care about me more than anybody! Especially my mom: I cry better to her than anybody else.

1. My religion and beliefs: The power of prayer and my loving Heavenly Father. I am thankful every day that I have the truth of the gospel and that I can be guided and directed by the holy spirit. (Can you blog about your testimony? I don't know, but I just did it.)

6 comments:

Amberlin Gefrom said...

cute pics!

Salem said...

I MISS LINDSI! I MISS LINDSI! I MISS LINDSI! I MISS LINDSI! I MISS LINDSI! I MISS LINDSI! I MISS LINDSI! I MISS LINDSI! I MISS LINDSI! I MISS LINDSI! I MISS LINDSI! I MISS LINDSI! I MISS LINDSI! I MISS LINDSI! I MISS LINDSI! I MISS LINDSI! I MISS LINDSI! I MISS LINDSI! I MISS LINDSI!
And I love that you have a blog...I can't read it without smiling the whole time. You're the best. I wish Ryder could grow up by you so maybe he could inherit a little bit of Lindsi...that is my dream. Maybe if I have a girl someday we will live by you so she can be in your class, see you every day and be like you. Yeah...I think that's a very good idea.

Emily said...

I love this tender post. I miss you and want you to come enjoy some sugar cookies.

Carly A said...

eww i hate this post. i would be thankful for you. brat. i left my husband to you...

Lindsi said...

Carly, if you are in the picture of the girls I am thankful for than that means you are one of the people I am thankful for, duh! (How was that save? Did it work?)

Christy Gunnell said...

Lindsi I'm thankful for you...but don't get all mushy in your posts on a regular basis, k? jk