Thursday, October 30, 2008

He doesn't exsist...

My friend, Brittney Cribbs Strebel, always used to say (insert sappy sweet voice here) "I want to marry a boy that is so so so so so so nice. He will think I hung the moon." This statement was always followed by a sarcastic Lindsi comment and some gaging noises. (Brittney loves me anyway.)

I have always really admired the true romantic in Brittney. I have also always told her that I completely disagree and would never want to marry someone so so so so so so nice because that makes him sound like a pansy boy. When she describes a man like that I picture a guy in an argyle sweater, bow tie, and a purse. It's just the way my mind works.
However, the older I get (I'm not old, I just reflect on things now) the more I realize I actually am looking for a nice guy. Not a so so so so so so nice guy, but a nice guy.
I, of course, also want him to be a funny, entertaining, slightly rebellious, sarcastic, edgy, exciting, wise, and an all around good guy*. Does he exist? Probably not.
So, moving on. I have admitted it before but I am a TV addict. Addicted.
There are a few shows/movies I watch in which I find myself saying,
"Yep, find me a man just like him and I'll marry him tomorrow."
Each of these TV personalities I'm drawn to holds multiple characteristics that I can't really resist. I have told several different people find me a man just like _____________ and I'll commit. So, if I could take any movie/TV character and marry him today these five are the winners. I am picky enough that there were only five really good candidates but they are all nice guys.
5. Sam Coulson- Never Been Kissed He's a teacher, so he's in the profession because he loves it and for the greater good (not $). He also dumps the hot girl for the slightly less attractive and most definitely awkward girl. I'm always cheering for the awkward girl, I don't know why. ;)
4. Michael Scoffield- Prison Break I know, I know. He broke into and out of prison, he tattooed his entire upper body, his friends are bad people, he has seen and done some not great things but....
He is so dang attractive. He's loyal, extremely intelligent (like genius style), practical, a problem-solver, and SO DANG ATTRACTIVE.
3. Pete Monash-Win a Date With Tad Hamilton He's quirky, small town goodness. He sings to his dog, talks about his vicious rhetoric, and reads Modern Grocer. He's got the sarcasm to match mine and well he really SO nice. He also fits into the short and skinny requirement I have established for myself.
2. Jim Halpert- The Office This wouldn't be a real list without Jim. He needs no explanation, we all know why he's here. He's earned his spot.
1. Chuck Bartowski- Chuck He is the one for me. So referring to my list of needed characteristics above* Chuck is not rebellious or edgy, however he fits the other six characteristics exactly. 6 and 2. Not a bad record. Chuck is the man of my dreams including the nerdiness, the curly hair, the complete adoration for the girl he loves, the smirk, the humility, the awkwardness. His only flaw... the video games. I don't do gamers.

If anyone knows a single man with strong similarities to any of these fictional characters let me know. I might just be aggressive and go for him (probably not though).

10 comments:

Karrissa Winward said...

I love the list. Lots of thought and time put into this one!

Mindy said...

I really enjoyed this post, and I love that Topher was included.

Salem said...

Gotta love Lindsi Sullivan. If I run into any guys that fit these requirements, I will send them your way. ;)

Lauren Rawlings said...

Lindsi, I always look forward to your posts because they really do just make me laugh. You're great. I would like to say that if I found a guy like that then I'd send him your way, but lets honest, I'll keep him instead of sending him your way. What are friends for? haha.

Hannah said...

Hmm...that prison break dude doesn't fit in with the rest of them. Based on what I'm seeing from the other ones, i would sume up your perfect man like this...
- brunette
- slightly nerdy, but funny
- doesn't make a lot of money (teacher, paper salesman, grocer, buymore employee)
- fairly quiet (though not shy)
- skinny
I 'll keep my eye out for him.

Sara and Dustin said...

I love your picks!! I remember watching "Win a Date with Tad Hamilton" and having it confirm how much I like guys like Pete Monash. Then I married Dustin. I think he pretty much fits the description - but I just MIGHT be a little biased. He does have several single brothers - but the oldest is 18. I can hook you up if you're into that kind of thing.

sam and brittney said...

Loved the post! See I told you nice guys are the best! I like your list of guys. I will be on the look out for your match!

Jamie Lovely said...

I love Jim!

Also my newest crush is Edward from Twilight. I'm sure you know because it's all I've been talking about lately hahah :)

Lacey Freeman said...

I AM IN LOOOOVE WITH MICHAEL SCOFIELD! aaahhh...i could stare at him ALL day.

Emily said...

I can totally hear Brittney saying that. Then she married Sam who would sit in the trailer with Jason all day, making gross jokes.