Sunday, October 19, 2008

Stubborn

I am stubborn. Very, very stubborn. It is really a very obnoxious thing about me and generally I annoy myself with how stubborn I am. However, it's not going to go away.

You know people that are so stubborn, if you tell them how to do something they will not do it that way. I'm one of those people. I not only don't do what they tell me to I usually do the exact opposite. I don't even really do it on purpose. It just happens. It must be built into the processing system of my brain. Someone will provide me with the simplest of advice and I just can't seem to take it. It is extremely annoying, it really is.

Here are a few examples of my stubbornness.
  • My friends (Carly and Brittney) frequently tell me that I need to pluck my eyebrows. They are just trying to help a girl out and whenever they tell me this they are right. However, I usually wait about 3-4 days until I feel like it is no longer their idea and now my idea.I end up with eyebrows like this by the time I get around to plucking.

  • Last week I asked a colleague for a recipe she had told me about. She went through and listed the ingredients to me. She then said, "You'll never be able to remember this, let me write it down." That was just the challenge I needed. I insisted I would remember every little ingredient and didn't need to write it down. I made the brownies... I also threw them away. I guess I didn't remember.
  • My sister-in-law is a hair dresser. Last winter my hair was getting really long but it was also in need of a trim. One day Jac mentioned in passing that I really needed a trim. She let me know she was available to do it, all I had to do was set up a time. Well, I finally went in 4 months later and ended up chopping A LOT of my hair off because it was so damaged.

So in conclusion, I am a serious pain. This is not a good trait I hold and I am not proud of my silly actions. I usually come around, admit I'm wrong, and correct my actions. I am working on not being so stubborn but one word of advice. If you ever want me to do something just tell me the opposite of what you want and it will get done right the first time. :)

3 comments:

Jamie said...

I am really stubborn too. It's not always fun being stubborn. I love the cartoon below.

Carly A said...

Oh Lindsi, that guy's eyebrows don't give yours justice.

JK! I am stubborn too. That is what makes us fun and interesting. Right?

TORIRUTH said...

oh mannnnn. your eyebrows!!! i plucked them one time in africa when i couldn't take it anymore and then you destroyed a young childs day with your roaring. you are so wierdddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd. and stubborn. i miss you.