Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Disappearing Act

It's that time again, ladies and gentleman (I say gentleman because I'm pretty sure my brother is the only male to read my blog)! The time where I, Lindsi Marie Sullivan, perform my best trick yet. The disappearing act! School started this week and it's like I'm a machine and I have no control over my actions. As soon as I get into school mode everything changes for me. The following things happen without me even trying...
  • I start NEVER answering my phone.
  • I have a very difficult time returning phone calls.
  • I never text or e-mail (electronic communication goes out the window).
  • I come home every evening and fall asleep wherever I sit down. The worst part about this is I sleep from like 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm and then I'm wide awake.
  • I have to force myself to blog and I run out of good material. It's like all my brain power goes to working with the little guys and then I have nothing left.
  • I lose touch with reality altogether. Which is scary because I'm usually so far away from reality anyway.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is I turn into a loser. Losers are okay people too, so don't judge. Also, if I don't call or text you back, send me hate mail and leave me nasty messages. Hopefully, I will get the point and call back. If not you'll understand. Right?

15 comments:

Hannah said...

Actually, I'm the loser because I never called you back last week from your message. Sorry! I don't have 20 some odd elementary kids to deal with, but I do have 3 little rowdy boys...one of whom is a baby and wakes up several times a night which leaves me falling asleep wherever I sit down too. Between the two of us, I'm not sure we'd be very good company or have a really good chance of getting together soon. :) I will call you next time I'm in Orem and see if we can't stay awake for an hour or so to catch up.

Jackie Sullivan said...

That's why you're lame. I'm glad I know now! :)
Happy school!

Jamie said...

I'm glad your a loser and go into school mode...I get the benefit from it!! My kids think you are the best!!

Ali Snow said...

I echo that. It's such a drastic change to go from summer to school. I'm now exhausted ALL the time and am always at my school. It's pathetic. I thought it would get better by the 3rd year but I guess I was wrong.

TORIRUTH said...

well, at least we have f book.


bahahaha.
i'm coming to provo in one day and i will see you even if it means i have to come into your classroom with a grand entrance and perform a one stream number.

yep.

Page said...

I still have a dream that someday one of my kids will have you as a teacher. That would be WAY too cool.

Katie Sue said...

I just have one thing to say: Your new font colors is difficult to read. White on yellow=not okay.

Emily said...

Excuses, excuses. Have you been working on the ring dive? I've been practicing.

Laney said...

so i am glad you had a dream about me. don't worry- i think about you every time i walk in my orange kitchen! i think, wow lindsi would love this kitchen. you can come visit us here. maybe next summer during the hill cumorah pageant or something. but i will be home for christmas too. we can see each other then. and you can meet baby hank.

Kim said...

so I think you should do a new post. Not a post full of excuses like this one. Also, State Fair on Saturday.. eh eh you in? THink about how fun it would be. Hot dogs on a stick (also known as corn dogs), elephant ears (is that what Jackie calls them). Please excuse this comment it has been a long boring day. Did you know that when you google my name your blog comes up. That is freakin sweat if you ask me. It also goes to a post that talks about how cool I am. I really am cool. Seriously people love me. Did I mention that it has been way too long since we hung out. The peeps in my life appreciate my humor, but not like you appreciate it. I think most people I'm around think, "bless her heart, she is special" where you just KNOW I'm funny. Did I mention yet that I'm cool? Oh and I feel like there is so much more. Maybe if we hung out regularly I wouldn't have to post a massive comment on your blog. Seriously if anyone out there has read this whole comment I'm really sorry. Again it has been a long day. Now that I re read it though I wonder if it is long enough. I just want to hold the record for longest comment on your blog. Remember when we would try and leave really long messages on each other phones. This is the same kind of thing but different.

Salem said...

Okay...now that it's been this long...I'm ready for some good beginning of the year/new class stories. C'mon...I know you have some good ones...:)

Byrds said...

Wow you are dedicated! I guess I stand alone now in the town of Slackerville.

Anonymous said...

Hello! I am so glad that you found me! I am not even going to ask how you pulled that one off, but don't think that I haven't done the same blog stalking move myself. Africa?! You are the most adventurous girl I know. That is so awesome. And, I can't believe that it is the start of the 3rd school year since we have been teachers. That is nuts. I am actually not teaching this year, since I have Jax. I LOVE staying home with him, but actually miss teaching more than I thought I would. Who knew?!!! Well, I hope you are doing well. I know all too well your promtness of returning calls...right...but, feel free to blog stalk me all day long!!!

Ashlee said...

ummm. I have to beg to differ with your blog posts becoming boring. I loved reading about apple day, and the funny things your kids say!

Ashlee said...

ummm. I have to beg to differ with your blog posts becoming boring. I loved reading about apple day, and the funny things your kids say!