Thursday, January 31, 2008

The Quest for Sleep Continues...

First of all I would like to say thank you to everyone that has provided me with suggestions and advice. I've given it a good solid week and seen little improvements so far. I've tried many of the items suggested including Ambien (Scott said the exact same thing my doctor said. He's ready already!) I have to say that sleeping pills have the opposite affect on me and generally make me hyper or wide awake. Caffeine on the other hand has been known to put me to sleep. For a while I felt like drinking a Mountain Dew before I went to sleep was a wise plan (and I still kind of do because it worked) however, I know that is not good for me. So, I have decided that their are many contributors to my inability to sleep. They were all mentioned in the comments and they include the following:
  • stress and big decisions
  • bad nightly routine
  • inability to turn my ADHD brain off
  • too much Diet Mountain Dew (Hard to imagine, I know.)
  • anxiety because I'm not sleeping (I laughed at Hannah at first for this one but then I realized it is what is happening to me! You're smart girl.)
  • knowing I have to get up at 6:00 and dreading it/worrying about it

I set some goals for this coming week. I'm going to try them out and let ya'll know if their are any improvements.

  1. Be lying in bed at 11:00 with lights off, computer put away, etc.
  2. No watching Survivor before bed (I'm such a nerd.)
  3. Stay calm and don't worry about not going to sleep.
  4. No naps. (Sometimes I accidently fall asleep at 7 or 8ish cause I'm so tired from not sleeping. It doesn't help the situation at all.)

I'm going to give it my all. I'll let you know how it goes. Wish me luck.

3 comments:

Salem said...

If none of the suggestions end up working well enough, I would suggest going over to Page's and sleeping there for a week (or somewhere that has a little baby)...after a week of that, you'll always want to sleep!!! You'll be cured!

Page said...

Funny Salem.

Linds, we missed you at the par-tay last night. When will I see you again?

P.S. Tell your mom happy 50th!!

Ashlee said...

Hey Lindsi,

I hope you are doing better with this, and that advice is unnecessary at this point, but I just read it, and I thought maybe you could ask someone for a blessing, and then just trust in Heavenly Father. No matter what I am going through, a blessing and turning it over to Heavenly Father usually brings me peace and helps, and I firmly believe that He cares about even small things like not being able to sleep. Good Luck! By the way thanks for another rendition of Miss Sullivans class says the darndest things :) Hillarious as always.