Wednesday, January 9, 2008

New Years Resolutions

I hate New Years Resolutions. I know that self reflection is important and can help us grow and improve. However, all New Years Resolutions are for me is another way to disappoint and let myself down. They really don't help my self esteem. In past years I have had a dear friend help me by suggesting resolutions I should adopt. Also, not really a self esteem booster but pretty funny. This year I decided to make only one resolution for myself and to make it easy and very attainable. I decided my goal for the 2008 year is to always wear socks with closed toed shoes. I'm sure my feet stink when I don't wear socks but because of the whole smell thing I'm not sure how bad so socks is a good idea for everyones sake. Seeing as my profession requires business casual attire I can't really slip on the old white cotton socks. That being the case, I went out and purchased a whole bunch of those nylonish not-sock thingamajigs. I even purchased three new pair of work appropriate shoes that don't currently have the nasty feet smell encrusted in them. I was sure that all my efforts would help me succeed and feel a good sense of accomplishment for the 2008 year. Today is January 9, 2008. Nine days into the year and SHOCKER I've already broken my resolution. I ran out of clean nylon sockaroonies today. I hunted for an alternative but refused to wear nasty stinky dirty socks and therefore went sockless. So I did it again, disappointed and let myself down by breaking my New Years Resolutions. I'm sure deep down I assumed all along that I wouldn't make it longer than two weeks and so I really don't feel bad. Oh well. Who needs to become better anyways. That's totally overrated. Happy New Year!

8 comments:

Kim said...

Who are your friends? What a jerk to make resolutions for you. I hope you never talk to that person you called your friend. This is an out rage.

Kim said...

Also, I decided today that I do in fact like the music on your blog. I finally gave it a chance.

taylor and laney said...

i couldn't find clean socks this morning if it makes you feel any better and I am sockless and I go sockless often, and my shoes kind of stink sometimes, or maybe a lot of the time. I should look into this news years resolution for next year. it's too late to start this year.

taylor and laney said...

i couldn't find clean socks this morning if it makes you feel any better and I am sockless and I go sockless often, and my shoes kind of stink sometimes, or maybe a lot of the time. I should look into this news years resolution for next year. it's too late to start this year.

Page said...

"encrusted."

great word.

Ashlee said...

Ah well. At least you tried. I didn't set a dang one. I do try to do goals all the time though. My latest is to eat more fish. Not nearly as fun as socks but I'm no where near as creative as you.

Hannah said...

What exactly is a "nylonish not-sock thingamajig"?

Emily said...

I discovered another reason to wear socks. It provides an extra protective layer against what I like to call "snow-in-shoe." This is what commonly happens when you are walking in the winter in some flats or something and this cold white substance sneaks in your shoe. Socks help fight this. Together, we can conquer snow!!!