Costco really is like paradise to me. Items in bulk bring a smile to my face. For the A Plus Home Care and Hospice (my parents company) work party we went to Costco. Before you wrinkle your nose or decide that doesn't seem cool let me just elaborate on the greatness of a Costco holiday party. We arrived after hours and were treated to some delicious costco bakery dinner choices, cakes, and other goodies. We then recieved gift cards as part of our bonus and were let loose. It felt like in the movies when someone gets locked in the walmart after hours and goes to town. I felt free to explore and enjoy the Costco with no
body judging or rushing me. I usually feel very judged by the fellow shoppers. I'm random and that scares some people. We wandered around, ate our items before purchasing, had cart races, made up some sweet dance moves with the cart, tried on robes and other important clothing items,
etc. Normal shopping stuff. :) As we shopped they had various games and activities in which you could win more gift cards. Chris Nelson came with me and his crazy hip swinging hula hoop skills beat all the females and won us $10.00! I did pretty well at the football throw and was able to add $5.00 to that. We participated in the cake walk for some of the bakery goodness however we failed at that. We came up empty handed. We were able to do Karaoke singing to the fellow A Plus employees and let's just say we brought them to tears (of joy, duh). It was a blast and I had a little heart expandage toward Costco. I didn't know I could love it more but I do.I haven't seen any of my former co-workers in a long time and Chris and I decided it would be a good idea to play a trick on them. All it took was my sister-in-laws wedding ring on the appropriate finger, some fake flirting, and lots of body language. We had them hooked. The gossip mill was faster than I expected and my parents and siblings were dodging questions from all over the place. It was hilarious! The funniest part was that nobody asked Chris or I about it. They just stared at my finger the whole time they talked to me and then went and asked other people. I guess it isn't believable that I could be engaged. Sad day. Anyways, I have some pretty good engagement photos that we took that night. They aren't awkward at all. :) Which one do you think we should put on our announcement?

Gazing into eachothers eyes. I'm not a very good gazer.

Face shot. You might think I have food on my face but no. That is a Christopher Nelson original teardrop design. Don't be jealous.

My hand is strategically placed on his chest to show my bling.

My favorite shot. The word "frolic" keeps coming to mind.
The best event of the night however is what I was able to purchase while there. Two items that have completley changed my outlook on and way of life. The first is a Costco membership. I had never been to a Costco alone because I didn't have a membership. Since I got mine own card just 10 days ago, I have been twice. All by myself!!! I have already spent way too much time and money at that store but each time I left with a grand sm
ile upon my face. The second life-changing purchase made that night was the 80 gb ipod. I have always thought I was above ipod's. That I didn't need one and that they were just a trendy cd player. Well, I decided to break down and try it out. How did I live without one for so long? It is wonderful and my new constant companion! I'm now a proud ipod addict.
ile upon my face. The second life-changing purchase made that night was the 80 gb ipod. I have always thought I was above ipod's. That I didn't need one and that they were just a trendy cd player. Well, I decided to break down and try it out. How did I live without one for so long? It is wonderful and my new constant companion! I'm now a proud ipod addict.In conclusion, the Costco party was a huge success. I got to enjoy my favorite store when it was practically empty, fake an engagement, purchase lifechanging items, and have an enjoyable Saturday evening out. I couldn't ask for more.
10 comments:
That is the coolest work party I've ever heard of! I didn't even know you could do that. Wow, I'm jealous. Costco is one of my addictions as well. I think Brandon is secretly glad he's moving me to a town without one!
wow. wow. Lindsi your blog makes me happier than anyone elses... including my own. Is that bad? I don't think so. I think it's the element of surprise in yours... that you never know what you're gonna get that does it for me. I vote for the "bling," engagement photo by the way :)
Yesterday my mom and I were updating our blogs and she clicked on yours and said, "I just love her blog it makes me laugh... where is the music, she always hasss music!" (We had x,as music playing on itunes so your music was intertwined with that and she didn't realize it.) Just wanted yo to know your blog has some fans!
Ok...I was almost crying reading your post...for several reasons..
1. I miss you and Chris
2. I miss you and Chris really bad
3. I LOVE Costco (I am going there today).
4. I miss you and Chris really really bad
5. I LOVE my memories of Chris and you and Costco...so much fun!!!
6. Will you and Chris come visit me and we can all go to Costco??
I LOVE LINDSI!!! That party sounds like so much fun...wish I could have been there. Thanks for the great post!
you are one strange girl. but endearingly strange and likeable.
I love Costco too. I always have, and I always will. I think this just made our friendship stronger, knowing that we share this bond.
Just so you know, I went to Costco yesterday and had lunch there...just from going from sample to sample!!! It was great...Ryder and I both got full for FREE!!!!! And by the way...thanks for the comments on my blog...you sure had me smiling...I love the "linsi-ness" of your comments...I can hear your voice in my head when I read them. :) That means youre really cool.
lindsi
I will give you a hint about the coffee bean man, he is in the bottom left of the picture and his head looks amazingly like a coffee bean but it is a real person, and it is just his head.
awesome. thanks for the advice. do you have any fun games or ANYTHING for learning multiplication facts? thats my main goal right now.
costco is heaven for me. when i was HUGE pregnant my doctor told me i had to take my activities lightly, but i just could NOT skip out on a costco shopping trip. it never failed, i went EVERY friday with my mom and sometime sisters and I always got to ride in the little scooter things...they are so fun. one day, a worker (a cute one at that) told me that i could ride it out to the car and to just leave it by the caart corrale, so i did. as we got out to the car and i was ready to leave my little scooter behind, i thought that it would be a wonderful idea to just go ahead and park the scooter inside the cart corrale. that was a bad idea, as there is little "speed bumps" on the end of the corrale. i went full speed over the bump hoping to make it and sadly, i did not. i bottomed out on the speed hump and sat there and teeter tottered back and forth on the thing, until the cute worker guy came to my rescue and helped me, a big huge fat pregnant girl off of a teetering scooter. it was embarrassing, but makes for a great laugh. like i said, i just love costco. i am sad that there isn't one here in tulsa, but there is a sam's to make up for it, which is almost as good...but not quite.
Post a Comment