Saturday, January 24, 2009

Life is Life and a Blog is a Blog

Hello.
How have you been?

I'm fine, thanks.

So, I haven't been the best, most efficient blogger lately but I'm pretty okay with that.

Life is life and a blog is a blog.

That is my deep thought for the day.

I think I'm going to crotchet it into a pillow. I'm such a crotcheter. Don't you think it is funny that crotchet is spelled Crotch-et? That is funny to me. Ha.

Okay moving on. This is a Smelling Diary. It's been a while but I'm not done overemphasizing my inability to smell. I'll probably never be done with that. I can't remember how many Smelling Diaries I have written. Honestly, I'm too lazy to look. That's pathetic.
Here's my thought about smelling today.
When you can't smell the following places are not fun...

The perfume counter-

Do you know how many times the average person says,

"Here smell this,"

while standing at a perfume counter?

I do... 34

(I made that up. However, I'm sure it's a true fact. I'll perform a study.)

The Candle Store-
Once I went to a candle party with my cousin Jodie.
It was a blast.
Side note: I don't know who the man in this picture is but he really seems to be enjoying the candles. I'm glad.

Everyones personal favorite...

Bath and Body Works

First, why do they have to make the name so close to Bed, Bath, and Beyond? I get them all tangled up every time I try to speak. It's horrible.

Second, people can spend hours in this store. Hours I tell you. Sniffing, spraying, and lathering up. It's amazing. While most people can spend hours here, I have about a ten minute endurance span here. That's when I'm trying EXTREMELY hard to be patient.

If you ever need a buddy to go to any of the above mentioned places, just let me know! I'm available anytime!

7 comments:

Emily said...

As a your fellow non-smeller I symphathize. Sometimes I forget I can't smell and take a whif anyway. When a stranger asks me to smell something, I pretend I can. I nod and smile. Then I hurry and walk away. It is so much easier than telling my "The Day I Lost My Smell" story. I think we should form a support group.

Abby Marie said...

I will always remember you as my sister's coolest friend who can't smell...or spell, cause guess what? I'm pretty sure it's crochet, without the T in the middle. hahahahah.

Salem said...

Okay...I am just DYING right now after watching Katie on American Idol!!!!!!!!!!!! She is the coolest person EVER!!!!!!!!!!! And I totally think she should have been the next idol!!!!! The funny thing is, right when the episode started and I saw it was in SLC, I said to Burke, "I really hope Lindsi tried out!!!! I bet she did!!!" Sure enough, here comes Katie. Man...those Sullivan's are too cool for me. Tell her she is adorable AND a great singer in my book!!!

Salem said...

Okay...I am just DYING right now after watching Katie on American Idol!!!!!!!!!!!! She is the coolest person EVER!!!!!!!!!!! And I totally think she should have been the next idol!!!!! The funny thing is, right when the episode started and I saw it was in SLC, I said to Burke, "I really hope Lindsi tried out!!!! I bet she did!!!" Sure enough, here comes Katie. Man...those Sullivan's are too cool for me. Tell her she is adorable AND a great singer in my book!!!

taylor and laney said...

so i could not agree more about the bed bath and whatever. I have the same problem. And I am also glad that your sister was on American Idol and that I saw it before any of you guys. I guess there are some perks to living on the east coast.

SlimWarner76 said...

I think you smell a lot!!!!!

Shalon said...

First, you are hilarious. I just laughed a lot while reading this post. Out loud.

Second, your lack of smell will come in handy eventually...I can promise marriages would be much more blissful if the wives couldn't smell!