. Thinking that I am Superwoman, I collected the car changing equipment and got to work. Now remember that I was headed to school so I am in a skirt, standing on the side of 90th south in Sandy, in the butt freezing cold, the wind is blowing my skirt up, and I've never changed a tire by myself before. (This picture is of me today, helping create a clear visual.) I get busy on my task and have been working for about 10 minutes and I'm still trying to get the first bold loosened (is it even called a bolt?) when this man walks up. He asked if I had a flat tire and I wanted to tell him, "No, I just had the sudden urge to rotate my tires at 7:30 in the morning on the side of a busy road." I resisted the urge. This awesome man then proceeded to change my tire in literally 4 minutes. It was amazing. He works for GMC and rotates and changes tires all day long. He told me that he was already at work but his boss sent him to get breakfast which has never happened before. He also went a route he has never gone before. He was sent to save my day! What a blessing. When I got back in my car I felt all warm and fuzzy inside and then I was overwhelmed with a feeling of disappointment. I didn't realize it until it was all over but I was really excited to be like Pam on The Office and change a tire all by myself. I wanted to be Superwoman. We all know I probably would not have succeeded on my own and if I did it would have taken me like 2 hours to do it but I just wanted a chance to try. In closing, this better be the end of my car problems for September. If I can't make it 4 more days than there really is something seriously wrong
with me.
with me.It might not look unusual but this is the pesky little devil tire. Oh and by the way... it was a nail that caused all the commotion. Cool huh.
7 comments:
See it sucks to have bad luck car problems. All this time you thought I was a bad driver, but really I just have random car problems. Good job though on trying to change your tire. I would of just called my Dad to come help me, but being a damsel in distress is cool too.
Yea! Congrats on joining the world of blogs...I knew it wouldn't be long before you got one. And you are already loving it- you can tell when people have blogs on the mind when they take pictures specifically for a blog entry (ie: your tire and picture of yourself). :) It's funny. I'm glad you're on here so I can get your updates easier...but that doesn't mean we can stop calling.
LINDSI!!! I love you and miss you!!! And I am sooooooooo excited for your blog!!! I was smiling the entire time I was reading it! Keep it up...and if you want to check out our little family, go to www.morinfam.blogspot.com.
Linds, that skirt DOES look like it would be gusted by wind easily. Is gusted a word? Sorry about your tire, I hope October treats you better. I'm so glad you have a blog.
Emily, gusted is definately a word and an excellent description of what my skirt did. I can feel October already treating me better. The crazy thing about that is it's still September.
Umm...you gotta start posting more or I'm gonna get bored with your blog.
You aren't Pam, you are Michael. Yep you and Michael Scott are too peas in a pod. Good luck sucker.
Post a Comment