I also tend to be an entertainer. Not necessarily because I love to entertain or because people really care to be entertained by me. Mostly, I entertain because that is who I believe I'm supposed to be. Or something like that.
I think that's where I get confused sometimes. I love to write but what I really want to write about isn't always entertaining. In fact, it's probably down right dull. Somewhere in me I feel obligated to not be dull and not just write about randomness but let's be honest people...
I'm kind of dull.
Not only am I dull but I'm pretty okay with that fact.
I obviously stopped writing on this blog and all but gave up on it. What you don't know is that I think about blogging frequently. While I'm driving I write posts in my head. I see an interesting news story and I mentally write out my opinions and thoughts. Oh, and when I say "news story" I mean People Magazine article. I obsess over stories I've heard, books I've read, quotes I've found. When that happens I think about writing and sharing it here. I think about it often and for the past few months I've craved it.
However, I don't share it and I often don't write those thoughts anywhere. Which is a shame really. Even if it is only important to me. It most likely will appear poorly written to some Smarty McGee. To many, my opinions may seem naive, uneducated, and just plan silly. However, despite those facts I've made an important decision.
I'm going to write again.
It might be a little different than before. Less updatey (because I'm not all that exciting, as discussed before) and more writing. You might decide to take me off your reader, mark my posts as read without really reading, or doing the bloggy skim. I will not be offended if any of those things transpire. I know most of you will be just fine with what takes place here because you love me and so you have to deal with it. I can't promise where I'm going with this or how long it will last. It's happening though and I'm excited about it.
That was a long way to say it but...
I'm back.
12 comments:
I'm glad your back. I'm interested to see what you have to say, even if you think it's "dull."
I'VE MISSED YOU GIRL!!! Welcome back. And even when you think you're dull, you never really are. So get over that. ;)
Yippee!
Yay!!! I have been missing you more than you know. I don't care what you write, I'll want to read it--really. I love my Lindsi!!!
I'm glad you're back and I promise not to get mad if you leave again. I think you should add "blogging" to the summer o' fun list.
Fun! Bring on the Lindsi!
So very happy...can't wait!
oh good, i have missed you so sooo much.
hey spazz. i'm going to read your blog from now on so keep posting! i like your posts! ps i looked at your last post (aka September) and your puppy is way cute!!!
Remember how you had this whole post about how you were going to start writing again. huh. Good times.
Looks like you've really stayed true to your update... 3 months later and nothin! hahahaah. love youuu!!
Post a Comment